- Harrogate, North Yorkshire
LOOKING FOR A JOB OFFERING MORE THAN JUST A BONUS?
We are looking for a first-class experienced General Valuer and Auctioneer
to be involved in the development and expansion of a long-established auction
house working alongside the current MD with the long-term objective for you
to take over the business.
Prospective candidates will have excellent rostrum skills, the ability to value and
catalogue to a high standard a broad range of items from fine art and antiques
to general entries, to be used to working to deadline and have a calm
disposition with the ability to prioritise a sometimes-heavy workload.
A personable approach, a passion for the job and a good sense of humour are
The role will include:
• Cataloguing of general, specialist and fine art sales
• Preparing formal valuations for insurance, probate, tax etc
• Attending at clients’ properties
• Taking sales of between 300-600 lots
• Building client relationships, pre and post sale
• Generating new business
• Participating in Harrogate and local events to increase network contacts and relationships
If you have ambitions to run your own saleroom, have the drive, passion and
integrity to run a professional and successful auction house and see it flourish
then we would like to hear from you.
- How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Elizabeth Pepper-Darling, Managing Director - email@example.com
Morphets of Harrogate, 6 Albert Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 1JL