The encaustic terracotta tiles, by William Godwin & Sons of Hereford, date from the last major restoration of the parish church under Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865-67.
The church authorities now deem limestone flags more in keeping with the building that will also be fitted with an under-floor heating system.
The tiles - removed from the nave and the north and south aisles (but remaining in the chancel) - will be sold commission-free at the Norcote salerooms. There are up to 800, 4in (10.5cm) square, plain terracotta tiles and 60 each in four designs: a single lion, three lions, a chequered shield and a shield with six crosses.
Each of the patterned tiles is expected to achieve up to £10 for the restoration fund.
By Roland Arkell