1) ‘The Hammerman’ Richard Madley replaced as Indian Premier League auctioneer
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has replaced Richard Madley as Indian Premier League auctioneer with former Christie’s gavelmaster Hugh Edmeades.
2) Antiques dealer and TV presenter Paul Martin to open new gallery in Wiltshire
Former Flog It! TV presenter Paul Martin is to open a new art and antiques gallery in the historic Cotswold market town of Corsham in February.
3) Sale of Boris Becker's collection to go ahead next year, says auctioneer
The auction house handling the much-contested sale of Boris Becker’s personal collection has said the event will now take place next year. It follows the bankrupt former tennis champion dropping his claim to diplomatic immunity.
4) Tapestry gallery wins ‘David vs Goliath’ court battle against landlord to stay in St James’s home
Tapestry and textiles specialist Franses won a landmark Supreme Court case against its landlord the Cavendish Hotel, allowing it to continue to operate from the London gallery that has been its home for more than 25 years.
5) Rare Summer Palace bronze found in British seaside bungalow returns to China
An exceptionally rare Western Zhou bronze, taken when the Summer Palace was sacked by British troops in 1860, has been returned to China.