1) Five places to see and buy art in London this month
From Old Masters to contemporary portraits there is plenty of art to find at various commercial institutions around the capital this month.
2) Rare book dealer Bernard Quaritch heads north to Holborn
Book dealership Bernard Quaritch is relocating to the Holborn area of London, from Mayfair.
3) Online art and antiques marketplace 1stdibs to close sister company Online Galleries
Dealer portal Online Galleries is to close on July 1 with its US owner choosing to focus instead on growing the art, antiques and vintage online marketplace 1stdibs.
4) Italian side tables, Horatio Nelson prints and Chinese jades – six auction highlights that caught bidders’ eyes in the last week
ATG’s selection of hammer highlights over the past week includes a pair of North Italian side tables from a distinguished collection and a group of prints relating to Lord Horatio Nelson.
5) Birmingham gallery acquires marble sculpture with support from Tomasso Brothers
UK dealership Tomasso Brothers Fine Art has helped a Birmingham gallery to acquire a 19th century sculpture by the ‘Landseer of marble’.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period May 2-8, 2019.