The Peterborough showground fair, which runs in the spring (around Easter) and autumn (September) every year, was previously under the direction of Bob Evans Fairs.
Billed as ‘one of the largest antiques fairs in Europe’, each edition hosts around 2000 stands at the East of England Showground, and the event draws buyers and sellers from the UK and abroad.
‘No plans to change anything’
Will Thomas, managing director of IACF, said: “We hope to build on Peterborough’s current success by increasing the number of trade buyers using our comprehensive database and extensive list of contacts.
“The fair’s current format and layout have proved very popular and we do not plan to change anything.”
Former director Simon Evans said that the festival “has been a huge part of our lives and it will be difficult to say goodbye. “However, we leave the fair in safe hands. I can honestly say that IACF are the only organisers we feel confident can continue the success we have all shared at Peterborough.” A fair has run at the venue since 1972, and has existed in its current two-day guise since 1999.
IACF is a family-run business that heads up seven other UK antiques fairs including those at Ardingly, Newark, Shepton Mallet in Somerset and Alexandra Palace in north London.
Last year the firm also took over the antiques and collectors’ fairs at Bingley Hall in Staffordshire.
Thomas added that Peterborough “makes an incredible addition to the IACF family of events, cementing our position as the UK’s premier organisers”. The first fair under the new ownership takes place on September 27-28.