1) Valuable watches stolen in ‘brazen theft’ at Cheshire antiques centre
Cheshire Police has issued CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with a theft at an antiques centre in Northwich.
2) Bonhams' former owner and chairman Robert Brooks dies
Former chairman of Bonhams Robert Brooks has died aged 64. ATG understands he passed away after a two-year battle with cancer.
3) Omega watch made for the SAS stars in our pick of five auction highlights
ATG’s weekly selection of items that caught bidders’ eyes includes a rare Omega Seamaster made exclusively for members of the SAS that commanded attention at Fellows in Birmingham.
4) Chinese vase used to repay debt takes six-figure sum at Hampshire auction
Hannam’s in Selborne, Hampshire, has achieved a new house record with the sale of this Qing famille rose vase for over 25-times estimate.
5) Striking William de Morgan tile is among five lots to watch
With estimates from £1000-6000, here are five previews of items including a William de Morgan tile from the author of a book on the subject.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period August 19-25, 2021.