Kutchinsky's post-war designs that hailed the return of luxury goods

The history of the Kutchinsky jewellery brand dates back to 1893 – the year Hirsch Kutchinsky and son Morris arrived in the East End of London, having fled Poland.

The family had served as jewellers to the court of Ludwig of Bavaria and the first Kutchinsky shop on Commercial Road became known for its fine platinum and diamond jewellery. However, the brand today is associated with the products of a much later era. By 1958 the firm, flourishing under the aegis of Joseph Kutchinsky, had moved to the Brompton Road in Knightsbridge. It was producing a more purposefully ostentatious range of 18ct yellow gold and coloured gemstone jewellery that chose ...