A total of 30 golfers competed for the Cecil Millar Cup which was won by Sam Loxton of Lock Stone London. Lawrence and Giles Bright won the afternoon competition and took home the Bailey and Stoner Cups.
The society has been playing since the 1920s having evolved from the BADA Golfing Society. Due to Covid restrictions the annual prizes could not be awarded at the last meeting of 2020 in December so an extraordinary range of trophies was assembled for the ceremony at The Berkshire. The society’s trophy names are a roll-call of the great names of 20th century dealers.
Andrew Jobson, CEO, Arts & Private Clients, at CBC Insurance, collected the Partridge Trophy as Golfer of the Year in 2020 by winning two of the three matches he played in the truncated year. Andrew is the captain of the society in 2021.
Still to come
The society will play matches at Moor Park, Worplesdon, Swinley Forest, West Hill and Woking golf clubs as well as a week-long tour to Scotland which will feature a match against Scottish Art Dealers at Dunbar GC in October and matches at The Renaissance, home of the Scottish Open, and also two matches at St Andrews.
Contact Simon Berti via the website fineartgolf.org if you are interested in joining the society and playing with fellow arts professionals at some of the finest courses anywhere.
Trophies and winners. Above, from left to right:
• Frank Partridge Trophy for Golfer of the Year first played for in 1926, won by Andrew Jobson of CBC Insurance.
• Leslie Macconnal Mason Trophy, presented in 1971, awarded to Seniors winner Robert Frew of Robert Frew Antiquarian Books.
• Cecil Millar Cup (front), presented by Millar in 1931, won by Sam Loxton.
• Rabbits Cup (rear), presented by Vyse Millard in 1971, won by Simon Berti (formerly of this parish) as best high-handicapper of 2020.
• Bailey and Stoner Cups (rear), first offered to the society in 1930 and won by Lawrence and Giles Bright in the afternoon Foursomes.
• Captain’s Rose Bowl (front), awarded to Eric Bryan of I Franks Silver for services to the society.