It came from a private collection in West Yorkshire, formed in the 1970s and 1980s, and was purchased from Charles Lumb & Sons of Harrogate in 1982.
Dated to c.1705, the clock has an eight-day five-pillar movement and an anchor escapement that strikes the hours and half hours via two bells. The brass dial is signed Gab Boullenger London.
The 6ft 10in (2.1m high) marquetry case features silvered wood leaf carved corbels, a feature also used by some of the most eminent clockmakers of the period, and an unusual hinged door to the plinth, probably in order to access a one-and-a quarter second pendulum.
It sold within estimate at £3800.